Personal information is important to Cos Enterprises Inc. and its affiliate businesses.
Collecting personal information.
Using and disclosing your personal information.
Contact by Cos Enterprises Inc. Individual’s right of access.
Changing and deleting the information we have about you.
Storage and security of personal information.
Cybercay.com and links to other web sites.
Problems or queries.
Personal Information is important to Cos Enterprises Inc.
1. Cos Enterprises Inc. is committed to safeguarding personal privacy. It recognizes that individuals have a right to control how their personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise, Cos Enterprises Inc. and its affiliate businesses will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
Collecting personal information
6. Cos Enterprises Inc. and its affiliate businesses will not collect or monitor any personal information about an individual without their consent. The only personal information collected is what has been providedvoluntarily.
7. When a product is purchased or through marketing / promotional activities via this website personal information may be requested (such as name, phone, email and address) in order to provide product information, provide newsletters, electronic newsletters (e-newsletters), provide new release / launch information, and advise of other Cos Enterprises Inc. products, competitions or events, which may be of interest. No one is obligated to provide personal information. However, failure to do so may result in Cos Enterprises Inc. being unable to provide you with upcoming promotion, event or product information and/or provide certain services including after sales services.
8. In common with many commercial websites we may also collect information which tells us about visitors to our website. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of the website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where the website is accessed via links in an email we have sent.
9. Cos Enterprises Inc.’s policy for collecting personal information from children under the age of 18 is to seek the permission of a parent or guardian for the collection of this information.
Using and disclosing your personal information
11. Personal information will be used for the following primary purpose:
For the purposes for which it was collected (as advised on the website).
To maintain our relationship with an individual.
To fulfill obligations under any sale and purchase contract and/or any other contract between the individual and Cos Enterprises Inc. and its affiliate businesses.
To render services related to Cos Enterprises Inc. business such as reader eBook evaluation, mentor contact and book club services.
To provide information about products, new book releases, events, special offers, competitions and promotions.
To provide you with newsletters and electronic newsletters (e-newsletters).
To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services.
To record statistical data for marketing analysis.
12. For the purpose described above, information may be shared with Cos Enterprises Inc. and affiliate businesses either in the United States of America or other overseas locations. Also, in order to operate the web site or deliver a service, personal information may also be shared with a service provider or other company or professional, or government agency.
13. Cos Enterprises Inc. recognizes the trust with which individuals provide personal information, and such information will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes without consent, except in exceptional cases when disclosure may be required by law or is necessary to protect the rights or property of Cos Enterprises Inc. or any affiliate businesses or any member of the public, or to lessen a serious threat to a person's health or safety. Contact by Cos Enterprises Inc.
14. Cos Enterprises Inc. may contact individuals via telephone, SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email, post or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel using the information provided in order to contact individuals in respect of the primary purposes for collection of personal information as stated in clauses 11– 13 above.
15. Cos Enterprises Inc. and its affiliate businesses does not send advertising or marketing information without obtaining prior consent. If an individual receives communications from Cos Enterprises Inc. or its affiliate businesses which they do not wish to receive, they may remove their name from the database either by contacting The Privacy Officer. Please allow 14 days for this request to be processed
Individual’s right of access
16. Individuals have the right to review the information that may be recorded on the Cos Enterprises Inc. database. Information may be reviewed by contacting the Cos Enterprises Inc. office. Please allow 14 days for this request to be processed.
Changing and deleting the information we have about you
17. Information contained on the site or in our database may be amended by contacting the Cos Enterprises Inc. office. Please allow 14 days for this request to be processed.
18. In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in Cos Enterprises Inc. and its affiliate businesses being unable to provide you with upcoming promotion, competition, event or product information and/or provide certain services including after sales services.
Storage and security of personal information
19. Cos Enterprises Inc. and its affiliate businesses will endeavor to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. The information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities.
20. In some cases these facilities may be overseas. Cos Enterprises Inc. employees and data processors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Cos Enterprises Inc. However, security of communications over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, and therefore absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times cannot be given. Cos Enterprises Inc. will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorized access to personal information.
Cybercay.com and links to other web sites
21. The Cos Enterprises Inc. websites may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organizations which may be of interest to you. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. Cos Enterprises Inc. is not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to the Cos Enterprises Inc. web sites.
Problems or queries
Approved by: Board of Directors, Company President and Chief Executive Officer, and the Business Development Manager, at the annual, general meeting, conducted in the company office, on March 21, 2012